Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I'm A Winner! Next stop...Telluride, CO!

So...it happened.

The impossible? So it seemed to me.

But to my surprise and amazement, I was notified buy the R2 gods that I indeed had earned one of the scholarships that would get me to the library event of the year...the R-Squared Conference. Woo and Hoo!

I guess after the shock wore off a bit, my first thoughts were...nervousness. Weird, right? I guess I feel there is a lot of pressure from my co-workers, my library community, MYSELF to do good by taking this opportunity and running with it. I am super stoked to be going, but I know it is an important time for me. I want to share my knowledge and creativity and learn more too. I am really committed to making the most of this event, both personally and professionally.

And some ways...it is a requirement. Because in big giant neon-Vegas lights part of a scholarship winner's obligation is to actively PARTICIPATE and LEAD several aspects of the conference.

Say what?! You want little ole me to actually be part of this thing? Whoa. That is heavy, dude. I mean, it is awesome but also means that conference organizers trust and believe in me (and many other scholarship winners) to make this event a success. Far out! I'm in.

This blog was created in hopes of getting one of the coveted scholarships. Now that it has come to fruition, I have no use for it any more...and think I will let this baby die.

JUST KIDDING!

I actually am going to make it a permanent addition to my library lacy life and document my journey through this little adventure. Expect most of the entries to be about the days and weeks leading up to the conference. I also hope to be able to blog while I am there - adding pictures and stories to enlighten and entertain you.

And if you are unable to join me and some of my colleagues in September, I hope this blog will inspire YOU not to miss an opportunity like this again. :)

Ready? Here...we....go!

No comments:

Post a Comment